Easter Egg Hunts - April 7th

We are playing major catch up on the blog.... my life spun out of control - in a good way this past month and so finally between feeding and pumping I am trying to catch up our blog on the wonderful events of the past month.

This was week 33 of our pregnancy and I was getting more and more uncomfortable by the day!




April 7th - Grandma and Grandpa Sargent sponsored their annual Easter Egg Hunt for their grandchildren.  We took the twins - but in utero still!  I was on my 9th week of bedrest and insited that I go and Shane supported my mental health break.  We took our lounger lawn chair and it was great to be in the sunshine.  I did get my feet sunburned but it was worth it!    The Easter Bunny had a few treats for Baby Boy and Baby Girl and Shane was incharge of "hunting" everything down.  The grandchildren were excited to help us find stuff for Baby Boy and Baby "Grill" as the little kids say.


 Rachel's Carolina helped us find eggs...



This is where I spent my entire time at the Easter Egg Hunt!



Ruth's Little Talmage enjoyed the Easter Egg Hunt more than Sleepy Shane did!

Stevan's Little Kate loved helping find Baby Girl's prizes...




Shane had to work on Easter Morning - so we had the Easter Bunny come to our house the night before.  My Easter Bunny (who is remarkably good looking!) brought me "The LDS Mother's Almanac" and the movie "The Help".   We also couldn't find our actual Easter Baskets from the move - and since I couldn't get up an actually look -just direct Shane where to search we made due with other non-cute baskets that were way too oversized and grass-less!



Shane's Easter Bunny got him a Valet (he has wanted one after watching Downtown Abbey) and some movies.

The Easter Bunny at Grandma's house brough Baby Boy and Baby Girl some little bitty sandals.


Yes - the basket is resting on my belly.....


It was a great weekend - besides the real meaning of Easter is a great opportunity to remember our Savior and everything he has done and continues to do for each of us.  On Thursday, Shane and I watched "The Passion".   On Sunday the Priest's Quorum brought over the Sacrament again - it was a great day.  Hard to imagine that next year we could have two little ones toddling around finding their own Easter Basket prizes!



No comments:

Post a Comment