Baby Shower #2 - April 12th

Thursday, April 12th - was a baby shower hosted by my sisters and mom.  It was held at the Beck's House and was for my aunts and cousins on the Romrell and Sargent side of my family and some lovely ladies from my home ward. 


It was lots of fun to get out of the house in regular clothes (although tent sized) and big-girl shoes.  Shane had helped me (he has a much stronger opinion when it comes to clothing that you might think) order some maxi-dresses to wear to these baby showers.  I had outgrown most of the maternity clothes - unless your personal sense of style is to let a portion of your pregnant belly-skin show!).


It was so fun to visit with my extended family and ladies from my home ward that I have known for 40 years.  It was so sweet to have support from so many people and to feel of their love and enthusiasm.  I behaved my "bed-rest" rules and stayed on the recliner and didn't get up to hug and greet everyone - although I felt like I should have done that.  We received lots of generous gifts and gift cards and got many packs of diapers and wipes.  My Romrell Aunts (all 10 of them) and my Romrell Grandparents went in together and got us BOTH car seats.  Such an amazingly generous gift.  I know how pricey these things are! 

I also talked to my Aunt Karleen (she is an RN in the NICU) about our IUGR and she was concerned and called me later with more advise from Dr. Jenkins (the NICU doctor) and helped me formulate some additional questions for the doctor.  It is great to have an additional professional advocate in our corner.

Here are some fun photos from that evening....
















No comments:

Post a Comment