"Just Put It On My Tab...."

Dr. Robison has given us two checklists of things to watch for in regards to preeclampsia warning signs (I have pre-cursors to it - but it can go bad fast they tell me) and pre-term labor.  One of those is 4-6 contractions within an hour.  Monday night I was having contractions a lot most of the late afternoon and evening and starting at about 7pm there were 4-5 per hour.  I felt embarrassed to call him - like I was being a baby or an attention seeker but by 9pm it had been pretty consistent and I didn't want to break my own phone rule and call him after 9pm - so I made the call.  He has given us his cell phone number and after I asked and he he confirmed that he did indeed already finish their Family Home Evening - I gave him the run down.  He had me drink a big glass of water and told us that if they continued or got worse to go up to EIRMC.  The fear being that I'm already so far along that we don't want to mess around and have my water break or get to a point that they can't stop the contractions.  We tried the water and at 11pm went up to EIRMC.  I did bring my recycled monitoring bands from our last sleep-over party so they had better not charge me for those!  They hooked us up to the monitors and things slowed down - then picked up and then thankfully slowed down again and we were able to come home around 4am.  I felt embarrassed (just a little - I don't really get embarrassed too easily) but the nurse said this is quite normal with twins. 

The beds there are horrifically uncomfortable.  The nurse told me they are like that so when you are pushing (they were labor and delivery beds) that you don't sink down into the mattress.  I was so glad to get to go home and get out of that bed!  Shane tried to sleep in the little recliner.  I did finish the book "100,000 Baby Names" - so now we just have to narrow down the short list.  But - I do feel like I've done my due-diligence in the selection process.  Name another human being suddenly seems like a really big responsibility!  We are not telling anyone the names, per Shane K. Williams' request, until the babies are born.  But I feel pressure to get them chosen in case they come sooner rather than later.

So far the perinatalogist's ultra-sound tech and the nurse in Labor and Delivery say I don't have any stretch marks on my tummy... I can't really see past my cleavage to look for myself.... but I guess that is one good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment