29 Weeks!!!

Another week checked off the countdown.  Our appointment at the doctor was good.  Blood pressure meds are doing their job and my BP was very much in the normal range.  I had gained 5 pounds in a week (ugg... but these babies need to get bigger!!!) and my bit of a cervix was unchanged.   Basically I'm 90% effaced and they are not checking me with anything other than the ultrasound wand in an effort not to get anything started.  Fine by me, Dr. Robison!!!  I did get a bit emotional as I expressed my appreciation to Dr. Robison.  I really feel like he is invested in us as people and not just chart #7 - which is important to me.  He also gave me fair warning that he will be out of the country from March 23rd through the end of March.  So - we have got to wait until at least April and hopefully longer. 

Shane has decided (and it is a good idea) that he should start to buy diapers every time he goes to the grocery store.  This was his first pack to buy in  2 decades and he said it looked like the best choice!  He is really pretty cute about all this stuff!

We have had so much kind and generous help and visits!  We feel very loved to have such good friends and family.  Between people bringing meals, coming by to visit, bringing a treat, taking charge of tasks and projects, making beds, straightening up the kitchen, etc., we have been very spoiled, taken care of and blessed!   Especially on the days that Shane has to work 12 hour shifts it makes it a lot easier to stay down "other than to go to the bathroom".  Having said that - these last 2 days I feel like I'm on the brink of losing my mind.  A month of doing nothing is making me crazy - and yet I know that it is the only thing I can do to help our babies at this point and that each week we can keep them in this very crowded internal, human incubator is a MAJOR gift to them.  Today the sun was out and the sky was very blue and Shane decided it would be helpful for me to at least be able to go outside.  He set up the lounge chair in the backyard and we all spent an hour out there in the sun.  It was helpful and I guess it is true what they say, "a change is as good as a rest".





No comments:

Post a Comment