Good News Monday!

It seems like we have been accustomed to bad news lately from the doctor.... although we have been relieved to made it to 30 plus weeks in our twins pregnancy and each week (despite the total and complete discomfort and mind-numbing boredom) we are hoping to get another week checked off the list!  Today we got good news....  One of my crowns (in my mouth - not the figurative one I wear on my head!) came off when I ate some of my mom's hot tamales candy.  I figure it was then her fault altogether.  I assumed that the worse case scenario would play out.... the crown would be broken, the remaining tooth would have broken or decayed so it couldn't be re-seated or perhaps I would need a root-canal or an implant.   But - I was thrilled with my first experience at Dr. John Owen's Dental Office!  1) Not only was he kind and sweet enough not to lay back the chair - thereby cutting off the blood flow to my inferior vena cava and causing me to pass out (it is a pregnancy thing when your uterus weighs as much as a 50 pound bag of potatoes) and he worked from a standing position the entire time.  2) The tooth is fine and the crown is reseated.    I would recommend Dr. John Owen!  We also went for our growth ultrasound, weekly doctor's appointment and a non-stress-test on both babies.  Our little boy is up to a whopping 3 pounds 2 ounces and our little princess is 2 pounds 11 ouncse.  They are both a little small for their gestational age - but our daughter went from the 9th percentile all the way up to the 11th percentile.   Stress tests were fine - although difficult to keep our little wiggle-worms on the monitors full time.  My blood pressure is holding steady with the medication.  We wished Dr. Robison bon-voyage and told him our next personal goal (now that we have made the 30 week mark) was when he gets back into town on April 1st.  He will be out of the country until Saturday and then out of state until April 1st.  Wish us luck!  I don't want to be delivered by a stranger!

Our little boy is still very breech but our daughter was vertex today.  Who knows what will happen.  I guess we will just keep waiting and hoping that they both are vertex when the time comes.  The amniotic fluid levels for both babies was still in the normal range and so if we can keep the pre-term labor and the preeclampsia at bay we will just keep waiting.  Much preferable - although less than comfortable - to the $150k per week babysitter of the NICU.

Also - this week was the annual Petunia Picklebottom Outlet Sale.  It was on-line and 3 days long.  The first day it was very difficult to get through.  I couldn't decide which bag we liked best and justified my decision by: 1) two babies - two bags;  2) not buying a lot of maternity clothes since I'm in prison in my bed-rest state; 3) Shane won't want to carry this purse looking one - this one is "sort of" more masculine;  4)  6 weeks of bedrest puts me in a position to get anything I want; 5) when you wait until your 40 to have babies you can afford to buy two overly priced diaper bags.  6) this will give us good ideas on bag features to request on future bag projects we "pattern" in China for work (maybe I should expense these..... just kidding).  7) I'm not going to Lunatic Fringe anytime soon for a haircut so my spending money is very much piling up!  :)  And - 8) oh hell.... you only live once!    So - I ordered and received these 2 darling diaper bags!  So fun that they came when my sister-in-law and friend, Anna, was here taping stripes in the nursery! 

Cosmopolitan Carry All in Juniper Berry Crumb CAKE

Boxy Backpack in Blueberry Acai


1 comment:

  1. Love all the good news! Wow, that Dr. Owen sounds amazing. From your description, he must also be handsome and smart. :) Glad that things are going well!

    ReplyDelete