Bed Rest-less

We are still on bedrest.  After a little over a week we had another ultrasound and discovered that the cervix had shorttened from 14mm to 12mm and they were now worried about and testing for preeclampsia.  We had blood drawn and received really fun instructions on how to do a 24 hour urine catch.  But, thankfully, for now preeclampsia is off the table!  It was a relief to get that call from the doctor yesterday.  So - more bedrest this week and we go in again on Thursday for another ultrasound cervical check. 

These photos are of our baby girl and baby boy from the 8th of February - at almost 25 weeks gestational age. 

We have had SOOO much support and help from many loved ones.  Anna is heading up the details on getting the nursery finished and she and my parents are going to sew all the bedding for us.  Both of our parents have bought lots of meals and come several times a day - as have many of our siblings.  My nieces and nephews have come over to empty the dishwasher, do some laundry and make our bed many times   My dad continually snow-blows our driveway.  My sweet 90 year old Grandpa Romrell brought us (with Val's help) some frozen yogurt and took a tour of the house and checked otr the baby furniture.  Cousins and friends (so lucky to have people in our lives with multiple titles) have brought lunch, visted to ease my boredom and brought treats and many different people have blow-dryed my hair, and done a variety of things to help me genuinely stay down except to use the bathroom.  I'm anxious to see what the results of Thursday's test show - and hope that we can still put off delivery for many more weeks.  As frustrating as it is to allow so many people to do every little thing for me - I do understand that this is the only thing I can do for our babies health at this time - keep them safely in the womb for as long as possible!  So - that is what I'm trying to do. 

Shane has been a great help on his days off and doesn't get much downtime from doing the cooking, cleaning, laundry, errands, and entertaining me.  Then he goes to work for 4 days straight and comes home to do it all again.  Also - in the last few days he has had a big chest cold hit him - so he is sleeping downstairs in an effort not to get his wife sick.  If I could drive to the jail and drop off a big ole serving of a Jamba Juice Cold Buster - I would.... but alas.... I can't get up!



2 comments:

  1. what a great opportunity for all these people to show how much you mean to them. it just makes my heart swell! stay down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is time for Shelly and I to come back for lunch! I would love to come help you around your house as well!! Keep those two little babes tucked inside your belly for a little while longer!

    ReplyDelete