A Very Merry Christmas!

We enjoyed a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. We had the Williams' Family Christmas Party in our home this year. We felt like it was our turn to host a party and that maybe next year would be a little more difficult to do something like that. It was fun to set pretty tables and try to make everything look lovely. Everyone brought a food assignment so it wasn't difficult to get the dinner on. I had "hired' my original niece - who is now 20 and really my cousin, to come at 9:30pm to clean up and do all the dishes. I knew that my that time of night these babies would be heavy and I would be wiped out. It was the best money I spent all season and because I was throwing a little cash her way I felt like I could sit in the recliner with my feet up and direct traffic and that if we would have let our family stay to clean up that I would feel too much guilt to not me in the kitchen with them. We also had a nativity program and little talent show. Shane and I played Carol of the Bells - him on the guitar and me on the bass. My part was so simple (which reflects my skill set) that I was a little embarrassed but Shane is really good and it provided an opportunity for us to participate on the program and for him to be in the spotlight a little.
We had Christmas Eve dinner at Van and LarRene's House and enjoyed each other's company and then for the program we had everyone come to our basement - which has the piano and a lot more room than my parent's living room. We started off with the kids singing the Nativity Song in the costumes I have made over the years. This year we added another little lamb (Naomi) and the New Star (Olivia) and Talmage was baby Jesus. I'm not sure what other 2 "parts" to add next year to this little scene - but we have 11 more months to get it figured out.
We enjoyed Christmas Morning together. It was the first time it has just been Shane and me in our own home. Shane very generously gave me a Pandora bracelet with lots of charms on it (love it!) and very sweetly gave me 2 Willowtree Statues. This is one of them.
The babies gave their dad the DVD of "Winnie the Pooh" which he has been wanting to watch and they gave both of us a little kit that you can use to listen to your babies' heart beats and play music to your babies. As I type they are listening to "Symphony #40" by Mozart. And at night they are listening to their daddy and mommy read them the Book of Mormon. My doctor confirmed (separate of lots of studies) that it is great for babies to have this kind of interaction early on and we figure that in the very least we are reading the BOM together at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment