Things That Go Bump in the Night!

We are almost 18 weeks along and everything has been going well. There hasn't been much to report or to document. I have felt good with a few exceptions (food poisoning) and when I overdue... which seems to be taking less and less to make it into that category. I'm definitely showing - as you can see from the image below!

I have had difficulty sleeping. I've struggled with insomnia for years - but this is getting ridiculous! Last night as I was laying there, trying to be patient, as I was listening to my sweet husband sleep (he does not have problems with insomnia) I felt one of the babies move. Quite a bit actually. It made me smile and almost laugh out loud. I considered waking Shane up to tell him - but then I couldn't tell if I could feel it with my hand or just from the inside and let him sleep. I savored this little milestone for myself. One of the placentas is in the front of the uterus and so (they say) that postpones when you can feel movement. (The other placenta is on the bottom in a little position they call "placenta previa".) This movement was definitely on the side of what was formerly known as my waist.

I guess this is a good reminder to "be still" more often in our lives. I look forward to feeling more movement. I know that my sweet husband does too. He has asked several times, "when do you think we can feel these babies move?"

3 comments:

  1. Weren't you just asking last night when you would start feeling them move! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so cute! I'm glad things are going well and that you're starting to feel the kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look adorable!!! And you did a wonderful job in church singing today. I didn't get a chance to talk to you but I wanted to tell you how good you did.

    ReplyDelete